Advice - module vs. plugin

Jason Dufair jase at dufair.org
Sat Jun 22 04:46:20 UTC 2002

Thanks, all.  That was my hunch.  I'm glad you could confirm that.  I
did not see anything in my 4827-based image that would have to do with
id3 tags,  I did just hack the libmpeg stuff to handle *playing* files
that have id3 tags (i.e. skipping over the tag without trying to play it
as audio samples), but find nothing else in the archives, on the swiki,
in the image, etc.  So I belive I will start putting something together.
 In which case, what module *should* it go in?

I am finding as I'm playing on Linux tonight that mpeg stuff is
noticably slower than Windows, even on an arguably faster machine
(Celeron 400 vs. PII 300).  There is a new version of libmpeg with
buffered I/O that I'm tempted to try out.  If I am successful, is there
any reason not to use it?  Also, do we really have to keep out the CSS
stuff?