StoryBoardMorph

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Jun 22 22:32:20 UTC 2002

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:36:47 +0200 Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>> Here are some old notes:
>>
>> - Get a StoryboardBookMorph from the menu
>> - Drop one or more morphs (really big ones are fine) into the pale green
>> playfield inside the book.
>> - Drag the mouse laterally in the pale blue area to pan the image. Use
>> the cursor keys (set up for a Mac at the moment, but reprogrammable from
>> the red halo menu on the pale blue area) to zoom and tilt. The mouse must
>> be in the blue area for the keys to work.
>>

>Bob I tried but I do not understand what is "Drag the mouse laterally in
>the pale blue area to pan the image."

Assuming the thing you dropped into the SBBM is wider than the SBBM, clicking your mouse in the pale blue area (so that the red cross appears) and dragging left or right should cause the contents of the SBBM to move right or left. If the SBBM is wide enough to show all its contents, no panning will take place - drop in something larger or zoom in (right arrow key on a Mac).

>I tried the red halo of the blue pane and when I select run active and
>edit I got an error about menu zero index...

Hmm... not quite defensive enough programming there. For this to work, you must first create a camera script (like the piano roll stuff in some ways):
- drag (simple click and drag) the yellow camera coordinates out and drop on the desktop
- pan to view another part of the scene
- drag out another of the yellow boxes and drop it onto the first. you now have a camera script
- the red menu on the script has an item "save script" which allows you to name the script
- now when you try the "run script.." from the red menu on the blue pane, you can choose this script.

Cheers,
Bob