[eToy][Q] Adding scripts to eToys

Anindita anindita at media.mit.edu
Sun Jun 23 21:04:33 UTC 2002

Hi Leo,

A lot of this is on squeakland.org if you browse the archives there.  I
had many of the same questions which were answered on that list.

Part of this depends on if you're modifying the Plugin or another version
of Squeak.  Basically, you'll want to modify the Morph classes and addin
new categories to additionstoViewerCategories then write scripts in the
Player.  Depending on if you're working with getters and setters or
commands, you'll modify either slots or scripts-standard (I'm doing this
from memory so I can't remember which slots-class it is).

If you want to stop by on Monday, I can take you through it.  The Plugin
needs to have the Vocabulary initialized for changes to take effect,
otherwise the etoys system will change as you modify code in other
versions.

Anindita