How to ugrade an image?

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Sun Jun 23 21:10:45 UTC 2002

> Hmm.. shouldn't happen. Bob fixed this in CS 4663nilOwnerFix-raa

Aha. In doing my updates I quit when it offered me the choice of going to
3.3gamma. It's telling me my latest update was 4653, so I haven't got 4663.
Is there a way to load updates and tell it where to stop by number? Maybe I
should go all the way and see what happens, but I haven't got myself into
modules yet, so was nervous about 3.3.

It seems as though the problem is in converting my existing objects. I
tried deleting the project in which I have all my NK-Connectors objects,
and the symptom changed. I'm now getting the walkback below. Sorry to
bother you with all of this ...

This message crossed with your latest. I tried updating
TwoWayScrollPane>>colorForInsets and filing in from an MVC project with
nothing open but a File List. How do you file something in with no windows
open *at all*?? I'm still getting a walkback for contentBounds.

-Thanks, Jim

MessageNotUnderstood: contentBounds
23 June 2002 3:32:44 pm

VM: Mac OS - Squeak3.2gamma of 15 January 2002 [latest update: #4857]
Squeak VM 3.2.7b6
Image: Squeak3.2gamma [latest update: #4653]

TransformMorph(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
	Receiver: a TransformMorph(85)
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aMessage: 	a Message with selector: #contentBounds and arguments: #()
	Receiver's instance variables:
		bounds: 	18 at 2 corner: 98 at 82
		owner: 	a TwoWayScrollPane(2851)
		submorphs: 	#(a PasteUpMorph(3473))
		fullBounds: 	nil
		color: 	Color transparent
		extension: 	nil
		transform: 	a MorphicTransform(angle = 0.0; scale = 1.0; offset = -18 at -2)
		smoothing: 	1

Message>>sentTo:
	Receiver: a Message with selector: #contentBounds and arguments: #()
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		receiver: 	a TransformMorph(85)
	Receiver's instance variables:
		selector: 	#contentBounds
		args: 	#()
		lookupClass: 	TransformMorph

[...]

--- The rest of the stack ---
[...]
TwoWayScrollPane>>fitContents
NCScrolledCompositeStateMorph>>initializeScrollPane
NCScrolledCompositeStateMorph>>addScrollerTo:
NCScrolledCompositeStateMorph>>initialize
NCScrolledCompositeStateMorph(Morph)>>initializeToStandAlone
NCScrolledCompositeStateMorph class(Morph class)>>newStandAlone
[] in NCPartsBin class(PartsBin class)>>thumbnailForQuad:
Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
NCPartsBin class(PartsBin class)>>thumbnailForQuad:
[] in NCPartsBin(PartsBin)>>listDirection:quadList:buttonClass:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
NCPartsBin(PartsBin)>>listDirection:quadList:buttonClass:
NCPartsBin>>listDirection:quadList:buttonClass:
NCPartsBin class(PartsBin
class)>>newPartsBinWithOrientation:from:buttonClass:
Flaps class>>newFSMConnectorsFlap
UndefinedObject>>DoIt
-- and more not shown --

---