Image from Unix to Windows

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Jun 24 08:57:11 UTC 2002

Hi!

This oneliner will produce a new image with the first 512 bytes skipped.
This should make the image work on Windows. Depending on what
Linux/Win32-vms you are using there where problems (I think there are no
problems if you use the latest on both platforms) because the Unix VM
added some 512-byte header of some kind (the other guys know more what
it is):

dd if=squeak.image of=squeak-fixed.image ibs=512 skip=1

regards, Göran

PS. Feel free to thank me by putting this somewhere (if it isn't there
already) in the FAQ on http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/471! :-) DS