Anyone using the Printing Plugin recently?

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 24 13:46:43 UTC 2002

Has anyone trialed with printing plugins (for Mac OS) with the most
recent VMs?  We just tried Friday, and couldn't get it working on either
OS 9 or OS X.  Under OS X with Squeak VM 3.2.7Beta6, any access to the
printing plugin reliably crashes the VM.  Under OS 9, it starts printing
(e.g., we go through the print setup dialogs, and the dialog comes up
saying that it's generating pages), then there's a primitive failure.

Also, does anyone know where the most recent versions of the CODE side
of the plugin can be found?  The plugin isn't much use without the
PrintJob class, which isn't in the base image or updates (as far as I've
seen).  We have some copies that John sent around, but when I went
looking for a more recent version, I couldn't find it on the FTP sites,
John's website, nor the Squeak Swiki.

Thanks for any advice!
   Mark