3.2, Help wanted.

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Tue Jun 25 05:45:08 UTC 2002

>Unless I hear otherwise, I will assume everything is in that should be in, and I will clean up the image forthwith and have it out by Tuesday (or you can scream at me personally and publicly).

I have now done most of the work (I hope!), and have placed image and changes (now about half their former size) in

	Squeak3.2gamma2.sit

in the 3.2 folder at

	ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/

I apologize for using a stuffit archive; perhaps someone can produce an equivalent zip file for Windoze folks.

As you will see from the yet-to-do window on the screen, I have yet to test a couple of space-saving do-its, and have not yet written a summary of how Squeak3.2 relates to, eg, the needs of educators, the ongoing work on 3.3, etc.

I have also not done the removals (old MPEG and others?).

[help #1] If anyone can give me a clear and complete recommendation regarding the removals, I will act on it as part of the last-inch activity that remains.

[help #2] If someone would be willing to look over the readMe file that accompanied the last major release, and bring it up to date, that would be a great help.

[help #3] I also need guidance (from Andrew) regarding what to put where regarding credit and openness.

Please check out the new files if you care about 3.2.

Thanks in advance

	- Dan