3.2, Help wanted.

Jason Dufair jase at dufair.org
Tue Jun 25 14:36:47 UTC 2002

Dan Ingalls wrote:

>[help #1] If anyone can give me a clear and complete recommendation regarding the removals, I will act on it as part of the last-inch activity that remains.

Regarding the obsolete MPEG stuff, it appears that everything in
Movies-Obsolete can be removed.  Everything in that category only refers
to other classes in that category, with the exception of MPEGPlayer
which is referred to by BlobMPEGMorph (which itself seems to be a bit
brain dead - trying to instantiate one of these sends Squeak into a
tailspin where Squeak becomes unresponsive (on a P4 1.4GHz Win2K box),
the mouse cursor disappears and after a few minutes of random clicking
and typing gives a walkback).  So maybe BlobMPEGPlayer can either be
refactored to use MPEGFile or be eliminated.  It's John McIntosh's class
- John, what do you think?

Also - what about calling the categories/modules Multimedia-Kernel and
Multimedia-Players (note the pluralization) instead of Movies-Kernel and
Movies-Player?

Otherwise, it's really looking great!  The image seems to have a nice
out-of-the-box feel.

Jason Dufair - jase at dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/
<+kritical> christin: you need to learn how to figure out stuff yourself..
<+Christin1> how do i do that