Squeak-dev digest, Vol 1 #689 - 35 msgs

Leo Burd leoburd at media.mit.edu
Tue Jun 25 16:49:22 UTC 2002

- Thanks for your message, Anindita!

If possible, I'd stop by to your office to chat and see how things are
going.  When are you going to be around?

Cheers,

.L.

-----
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 17:04:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: Anindita <anindita at media.mit.edu>
To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Subject: Re: [eToy][Q] Adding scripts to eToys

Hi Leo,

A lot of this is on squeakland.org if you browse the archives there.  I
had many of the same questions which were answered on that list.

Part of this depends on if you're modifying the Plugin or another
version of Squeak.  Basically, you'll want to modify the Morph classes
and addin new categories to additionstoViewerCategories then write
scripts in the Player.  Depending on if you're working with getters and
setters or commands, you'll modify either slots or scripts-standard (I'm
doing this from memory so I can't remember which slots-class it is).

If you want to stop by on Monday, I can take you through it.  The Plugin
needs to have the Vocabulary initialized for changes to take effect,
otherwise the etoys system will change as you modify code in other
versions.

Anindita