How many Squeak users?

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Wed Jun 26 11:44:14 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 07:05:03AM -0700, David Buck wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas how many Squeak users there are? How many
> people have downloaded Squeak? I imagine it's hard to get a good number.

Very hard to tell...

First there are two kinds of Squeak users: The developers (who use it as a
programming system) and then the kids and teachers (squeakland.org).

I have no idea how many people downloaded the Squeak Plugin from squeakland.

The only numbers we have are the subscribers to squeak-dev:

  959 Non-digested Members of Squeak-dev:
  148 Digested Members of Squeak-dev:

But lots of adresses are disabled. So that might be around 800 people
reading this list.

> David Buck
> Simberon Inc.
> www.simberon.com

Elastolab seems to be really interesting... I only need to find a windows
computer to try it.

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeakland.org