[3.2g2][fix] selected morphs can't trash

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jun 26 14:12:17 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 06:19 am, Masato Sumi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When the #preserveTrash is true (3.2gamma2 does so), selected
> morphs can't delete.  The attached cs will fix the problem.
>
> I also found another problem that was related to trashing selected
> morphs. But it seems too difficult to fix for me.

How should this work? It's possible that some objects in the selection
resist deletion.

Right now, the SelectionMorph does addMorphFront: for every selected
Morph; is this desired behavior?

I suspect what should be done is to simulate a drop event for each of
the selected items, and remove those that got dropped successfully
from the selection. If all were dropped successfully, it would delete
itself. This would leave those objects that resisted being dropped on
the receiver (in this case the TrashCan) in the selection.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com