hypertext

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jun 27 16:11:13 UTC 2002

On Thursday 27 June 2002 08:50 am, Kathryn Tate wrote:
> Embedding hypertext links into a text morph--use the textLink
> morph?
>
> I would like to work with hypertext within my PluggableTextMorphs
> but know not how to do this.

You don't have to use a separate morph unless you want it to look very
different (bordered, etc.)

To try this manually: open a Workspace, type in some text, then a URL,
then some more text.
Highlight the URL.
Hit Cmd-6 (or Alt-6 on Windows/Linux), choose "be a web URL link".

Now highlight the TextMorphForEditView, and explore it.

To do this programmatically, look at TextURL (or more generally,
TextAction) and TextFontChange.

And, of course, Text>>addAttribute:from:to:

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com