How do you print?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Fri Mar 1 03:10:42 UTC 2002

Jeff Bowman <jeff at dvns.com> wrote:
	... I need to be able to print to a printer.  The printer is
	most likely not a postscript printer, and it is most likely on a
	Windows computer (I happen to use Linux:) I can't find anything
	like a PrintStream or other object which would encapsulate
	printing to a printer.

Ghostscript is available for Windows, so you may be able to print
Postscript on the machine anyway.

	I have text (no graphcs at the moment but there will be in the
	future) to print which I can format as I like.  I need to be
	able to create a button that says 'Print' the user can press and
	get a report.

OSProcess is being ported to the Windows environment, so a two-stage
process where you save the text (and later, graphics) as an HTML file
and then fire up Netscape to print it might work.

	I've tried browsing and searching for print, printer, printing on the
	swiki, but no luck so far.

Printing is coming Real Soon Now; people are working on it.