InternetConfiguration

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Sat Mar 2 16:38:49 UTC 2002

Lex Spoon wrote:

> Let's step back a moment.  This list of info is a really simplified view
> of a person's Internet existence.  I use two different IRC servers, and
> 2 POP servers.  I have 2 email addresses that I use with much frequency.
>  I prefer to connect to USENET by running a command, but if that's not

OK, let's step even further ;-)

The *really* simplified version is that all we care about is to read the
proxy settings out of the IE and the smtp host and email address out of
the Outlook registry entries ;-)
If someone is so sophisticated to actually use IRC, mail and whatnot
from within Squeak, they should be able to configure it. And then we
need a way to keep the settings in Squeak, I completely agree with that.

Michael