Generalized Object Modules Design

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sun Mar 3 19:27:35 UTC 2002

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Lex Spoon wrote:

> Yeah.  Though the idea can be taken too far.

No, it cannot!

> I guess it would be nice
> to have *several* active changesets: a main one, and several others that
> have been explicitly pointed out somehow.

Yes, hence the "I would like to be able to delegate" :)

>  If any of these changesets
> defines a class where I make a change, then put the change there.
> Barring that, if this method already appears in one of those, then use
> that one.  Otherwise, use the main one.

Or some similar algo.

> I don't like it being fully automatic

Well, the "be able to delegate" seems to agree :)

> because sometimes you'd really
> like to override something that is defined in a different changeset.

Yep. The possibility to "Accept as" a method (where "Accepting as" popped
up a menu of changesets/modules or some such) would be cool.

[snip]

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.