How do you print?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Mar 4 01:13:08 UTC 2002

Jeff Bowman <jeff at dvns.com> wrote:
	Yeah, I've been thinking about doing something like this until I
	figured out the print thing.  Just for my edification, what is
	OSProcess and it's importance in the current discussion? (I'm still
	learning a lot)

Quoting some old mail (October? 2000):
    OSProcess provides access to the external operating system from Squeak.
    A plugin is provided for Unix (and Linux) systems. Placeholder classes
    are provided in the OSProcess hierarchy for other operating systems
    (Windows, Mac, OS/2), but support for these systems is not yet implemented.

My understanding is that a Windows version _does_ exist now and will soon
be working well enough for general release.  There's a "shell" layered on
top of the Unix version.