InternetConfiguration

Henrik Gedenryd h.gedenryd at open.ac.uk
Mon Mar 4 11:16:05 UTC 2002

Michael Rueger wrote:

> The *really* simplified version is that all we care about is to read the
> proxy settings out of the IE and the smtp host and email address out of
> the Outlook registry entries ;-)

Is there any code coming that will make Squeak actually use these values if
they are available?

If so, please make sure to heed proxy *exceptions* as well. I've submitted
fixes before that make Squeak actually *use* exceptions if they are defined.
Most of the code currently doesn't. The http classes are highly eligible for
refactoring (Euphemism of the Week(TM)).

I would find such an addition very helpful. You don't care about proxies
until you need to, and then you really need to!

Henrik