[Q][Morphic][presentation] Selecting several morphs for dragging

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Mon Mar 4 15:13:29 UTC 2002

There is a multiple selection mode that can be turned on in the preferences.

I do a lot of presentation work in Squeak, and this has led me to a
somewhat different way to think about this. Because I tend to do
"builds" (gradual reveals of items in a "slide") I have found that
using playfields as holders for each stage of the build is really
useful (and a heck of a lot more conventient and flexible than the
standard grouping and ungrouping mechanisms on most systems).
      Also, since any morphic object can have other objects embedded
in it (the simplest way is to turn on "drag and drop" on such an
object) and will allow the brown handles to move its embedded objects
even outside its boundaries, often you don't need the playfield, but
only such a base object with dNd turned on.

Cheers,

Alan

------