[Morphic][Presentation] Two tips

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Mon Mar 4 17:50:04 UTC 2002

For slide sequencing, I suggest Bob Arning's
"InternalThreadNavigatorMorph". This is what I use.

Get one out. Use the middle button (between the two thumbnails) to
get its menu. Choose "create a thread of all projects". This will
bring up a sorter for all the projects in your system. DnD to
sequence the projects that you want. When you close the sorter you
will be prompted for a name for your new presentation. The ITNM keeps
track of all presentations for you. You can sequence through a
presentation by clicking on the righthand thumbnail (to go forward)
and the LH thumbnail (to go backwards). Etc.

To reedit simply choose "edit this thread".

I usually do "create a thread of all projects" first, then say "edit
this thread". This will give you two sorters: all the projects, and
the sorter for your presentation.

Two other useful buttons. There is one that looks like a thumbnail.
Choosing this will give you a blank new project. You will be asked to
name it, and then you can drop it in the sorter.

The other is "make into a parts bin". This allows thumbnails to be
automatically cloned when you DnD them. Remember to turn this off(!).

--

If you just want a button that jumps to another project, look in "new
morph ..." and choose "make a project link". This will give you a

Note that this is less useful than the above, because the ITNM does
not clutter up a project with links, youi can easily reuse the
projects in many presentations.

--

In both cases above, the thumbnails remember the URLs of the projects
and will fetch them if you don't have them locally ....

I have been using this for almost two years now and it is really
useful (thanks Bob!).

Cheers,

Alan

------