[Q][Morphic][presentation] How to create a flap?

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Mon Mar 4 19:23:04 UTC 2002

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 18:57:13 +0100 (MET) Hannes Hirzel <hirzel at spw.unizh.ch> wrote:

>How to create a flap like the orange tool flap on the right hand side
>
>I'd like to create a flap which accepts large morphs dropped into it
>and acts like a parts bin but shows the morphs with an icon instead
>of their full size. For a presentation I can keep things there I'd
>like to have at hand when authoring or even during the presentation
>for handy reference (custom made composite morphs).
>
>Creating a flap which acts as a parts bin is straightforward. But I
>do not see an option how to set that morphs are shown as icons.
>
>Could anybody help please?

I don't see a end-user way, but here is what you could do:

The behavior you want comes when the flap is a PartsBin (a class) rather than a regular PasteUpMorph with the parts bin attribute set. So you could

- hack the flap creation code to use a PartsBin instead of a PasteUpMorph in certain cases

or

- hack PasteUpMorph>>morphToDropFrom: to use the code from the PartsBin implementation in certain cases.

Cheers,
Bob