[BUG][VM][Unix][3.2gamma][SF][VMMaker][UnixOSProcessPlugin] plugin lookup broken

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Mar 5 23:25:49 UTC 2002

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 07:14:57PM +0100, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
> Generating a recent Linux 3.2gamma VM with
> 	VMMaker-3-2-version5.5.cs, all automatically internal, just OSProcessPlugin
> external;
> 	ConsolidateTo4744-JMM.4.cs;
> 	3.2-4743 #1 [oss audio, xshm] Tue Mar  5 17:50:35 CET 2002 gcc 2.95.4;
> 	actual SF sources;
> gives a not working plugin library lookup (at least for the
> UnixOSProcessPlugin):
>
> I have build the OSProcessPlugin.so external with the VM, but it won't be
> found!
>
> This works with an older VM (more exactly: the OSProcessPlugin (residing in
> the local Squeak dir) works together with an older VM).

Lex reported this to me a few days ago, sorry I have not posted a fix. The
cause of this is that the "secure" global variable was removed from the
sqXWindow.c file on SourceForge, and I have not yet updated the OSProcess
plugin to to keep up with the change.

Future versions will use the SecurityPlugin, but for now if you want
to run with the most recent SourceForge VM, the workaround is to hack
the UnixOSProcessPlugin>>sandboxSecurity method to just answer 0 instead
of referencing the global "secure" variable. That should disable the
security check for everything in the plugin.

Dave