[BUG][FIX] YellowButtonBit and BlueButtonBit are swapped

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 01:05:24 UTC 2002

On Tue, 05 Mar 2002, Lex Spoon wrote:

> It's no easier than "press the main button", and it's harder for the
> reader.

But "main" doesn't automatically connote _anything_. And shouldn't people be
running tutorials, actively, in the lab, rather than reading them in the bath?

> I hope people aren't being serious about painting the buttons.  If it
> takes that much effort, then isn't it better to choose different names?
> Also, it's not just children.  All Squeakers, new and old and of every
> age, are having trouble remembering which color is which.

I'm dead serious about painting the buttons. Or putting stickers on them. Once,
in happier times, all mice were like this. I'd like to see the concept
re-extended so that all Unix books used the red, yellow, blue convention, but
it's less of an issue there: no Unix is likely to become as mouse intensive as
Squeak. And if Tim (as sometime producer of wonderful bits of plastic built
around Squeak) wanted to commission a run of nice, ordinary 3 button PS2 mice
with coloured buttons and a Squeak logo, I'd order 5!  Squeakers, paint your
mice! It's a one off effort. Even dyslexic left for right clowns like me can
work it out then.

Sheesh, Lex, you'll be telling us you like emacs style keyboard shortcuts next
;-)

Cheers

John

--
They're afraid, very afraid......
According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff discovering Linux in use