[BUG][VM][Unix][3.2gamma][SF][VMMaker] event handling broken

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Mar 6 01:30:45 UTC 2002

> > Wow, this was fast! It works for me now.

I'm really amazed how many people noticed this in what was about a 1-day
window.  I guess people are using the sourceforge sources, huh!  I
didn't even notice it myself; I didn't restart my main Squeak window
during that 1 day period, and in the window I opened to test with, I
must have been waving the mouse around a lot or something.

> Possibly I've been too fast with my success message, possibly not...
>
> Now the middle button of my 3-button mouse gives the halos: is this intended
> behaviour?

Well....  The issue is that the defines are backwards.  If no one
changes sq.h in a few days, I'll hack the Unix code to work around it.
On your local copy, you can fix this by editting sq.h and reversing the
settings for YellowButtonBit and BlueButtonBit.  If I just hack sq.h
myself, then the windows VM will get its mouse buttons reversed.

> > But issuing such bug reports to the list, too, would help avoiding second
> > ones...

Fair.  Incidentally, SourceForge has a bug-tracking service....
Unfortunately, it's filled with years-old bugs, but we could revive it.

-Lex