Digital editing of music in Squeak?

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Wed Mar 6 12:47:58 UTC 2002

Richard --

iMovie (also on Mac) is mainly for home movies, but also allows
cutting, pasting and splicing of of sound tracks. Final Cut is more
than they need. Adobe Premiere had darn good music track editing as I
recall.

However, this is not that difficult in Squeak. To look at a good
start, check out Dan Ingalls' sMovie in Squeak (the important parts
of iMovie done in Squeak). This was done several years ago to both
show Disney and to prove that something major in media could be done
in just a few weeks. This could be easily modified to do most sound
track editing.
     Also let's ask Jim Benson what he's been doing these days. He
showed me a really beautiful framework done in Squeak for editing
"iMovie style" several years ago.

Cheers,

Alan

------