[ANN][UNIX] SecurityPlugin

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 7 00:57:56 UTC 2002

Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Finally, I implemented the SecurityPlugin for Unix. It's at SourceForge.
> You'll have to completely rebuild the VM (including the configure step) as
> well as the npsqueak browser plugin.
Assuming 'make' is doing it's job properly you should find that only the
SecurityPlugin needs building.

Since on any previous build there will have been no sqUnixSecurity.c,
the VMMaker would have refused to generate SecurityPLugin for unix. So,
fire up VMMaker, drag SecurityPlugin to the 'External Plugins' list and
hit the 'Generate Externals' button (or use the 'generate plugin' menu
option) to generate _just_ the SecurityPlugin. Then do the usual 'make'
stuff and it ought to builf just that plugin. Copy it to wherever
you have your external plugins and there y'go. All done. Err, do
remember to fetch the sqUnixSecurity.c file from SF first though...

tim

Useful random insult:- Went to the dentist to have his cranial cavity filled.