Sound question: notification at end of play

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Thu Mar 7 12:26:43 UTC 2002

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Rudi Angela wrote:

> Hi there,
> Is there a way I can have my object notified when a sound has finished playing?
> I'm playing mp3 files as part of a presentation. When the  playing is done the presentation should continue to the next 'slide'.
> I've tried adding making my object dependent on the sound and sending a changed: message to the sound in SoundPlayer playLoop, but it doesn't work.
> Any ideas, suggestions?
>
> Rudi Angela
> --

I think it must be possible to make this work. I suppose you start
the sound when the project('slide') is entered using a coding pattern
I received recently from Andreas Raab (I put it on
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1817) and the problem is now
detecting the end of the sound.

Could you post a code example? Perhaps there's an easy fix.

Regards
Hannes Hirzel