[Q] DependentsArray has weakreferences

Diego Gomez Deck DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com
Sun Mar 10 11:16:25 UTC 2002

Hi...

>Diego,
>
>> Dependents mechanism is not only for gui-mvc-views...
>
>Certainly not. But many (most?) places will happily live with a weak
>back pointer. You're the first to complain loudly enough to be heard ;-)

I' my opinion we need the both options... If you (you the list) agree, I can add the strong-dependents mechanism to Object and Model, and add some #strongModel: methods.

[snip]
>> PS: Will you come to SqueakNic?
>
>Uh ... completely forgot about that. When was it? And where? ;-)

WHEN: Saturday 16th March 2002 -- 12pm until ...
WHERE: University Bern IAM-SCG, Neubrueckstrasse 10 CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland

http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~bergel/Smalltalk/SqueakEvent1/

>Cheers,
>  - Andreas

Bye,