general status of squeak

Arjen van Elteren a.vanelteren at chello.nl
Mon Mar 11 20:58:04 UTC 2002

Hi,

The volume of mails on  the list in the past 1 1/2 years has increased
dramatically and I must admit I haven't been able to keep up on squeak
development. These days I'm trying to get up to date again for a personal
project but I'm having a hard time. I could not find any new status report
on the swiki nor a list of "main" projects.

For example;
* So I know of "modules" being the main point at the moment,  but I'm
having a hard time finding out about it...
* Likewise a lot of development used to be going in the 2d and 3d engines
(which where about to be more closely matched with hardware accelerated
routines sometime ago), not that squeak is slow in this respect (it is not)
, but what is the status of this project?
* Same with the scripting engine which seems to be unchanged on the surface
(but probably is not!). Are there any slots with string values ? Scripts
that take variables ?
* I would like to use something like mathmorphs but on all links I could
find about mathmorphs the development seems to be discontinued...

I could go on but I realize I'm just complaining and not helping much ;-).
Also I realize it is hard for anyone to keep up with the currently very
fast pace of development....

Arjen van Elteren