Real printing plugin?

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Tue Mar 12 09:59:12 UTC 2002

On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 02:18 AM, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> I discovered relatively well hidden (depending on your point of view)
> on the Swiki page
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/753

Hmm, this was discussed on the list way back when it was created, and
came up sporadically later as people looked for features.  It was an
official Squeak Central project (and on of the few to actually get done
so far)

>> The exception to this rule are BookMorphs. BookMorphs will produce a
>> stand-alone Postscript file that can be printed as is.
>
> So together with GhostScript even PDFs presentations are within reach...

Well, we could also generate PDFs from within Squeak.  It is a little
more complicated than generating Postscript, but not much more so.

> Anybody please give feedback on test results and update the FAQ on the

There is another page on the Swiki with tests.

> Swiki:
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/776

I have updated the FAQ.

> It would be a real pity if we were not aware of this for two years.

Who is we?  Certainly Squeak Central have been using it, as have
others...

> Incredible...

Indeed.

Marcel

--
Marcel Weiher				Metaobject Software Technologies
marcel at metaobject.com		www.metaobject.com