Porno links in the Swiki

Peter Crowther peter.crowther at networkinference.com
Tue Mar 12 12:39:19 UTC 2002

> From: Alan Kay [mailto:Alan.Kay at squeakland.org]
> If these swiki pages are editable, then why not just edit them out?

The long-term success of that depends on the tenacity of the authors, and
whether they revisit and just edit them back in again --- the perennial
problem with content that is editable by anybody.

Actually, I'm very surprised that the Swiki pages have not previously been
defaced.  Now that the Swiki has been found, I would expect to see an
increasing number of attacks once this particular person tells his [I
assume] mates about it and the information spreads.  Whilst I'm well aware
that it *may* be an isolated case, we may wish to plan how to 'harden' a
Swiki against this kind of attack.  Not easy, as the usual trade-off between
freedom and security raises its head almost immediately.

		- Peter