[Q][Celeste] Selective download and message store

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Mar 13 11:50:59 UTC 2002

Hannes Hirzel <hirzel at spw.unizh.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I never used Celeste. Before I begin to use it on a limited scale I'd like
> to ask two questions:
>
> 1) Is it possibly to set up Celeste in a way that it just downloads
>    the emails coming from the Squeak list and leave the others untouched
>    on the server?

Hmmm. Don't think so. Well... perhaps it could. Currently it first
downloads all emails and then removes them (if you have that setting
true) from the POP server. Perhaps that removal could be set to be
selective.

> 2) Are the messages stored in an external text file or are they stored
>    in the image?

External file. Actually 4 files.

I have been running standard Celeste for some time (getting ready to
move to FilterCeleste I think) and have about 2800 emails in it. It
works very good. Things can get strange but you never loose anything. I
did the mistake of trying to synch Celeste over multiple machines
without realizing that an open Celeste in an image gets you into
trouble...

But I think Lex said those things have been fixed.

regards, Göran