pruning older versions of a method

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 13 21:20:40 UTC 2002

Bob Arning  <arning at charm.net> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:24:56 -0800 Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
> >I was about to suggest that 'trimHistory' might remove older versions
> >but it doesn't seem to actually do that. Should it?
>
> Use the industrial-strength
>
> 	ChangeSet allInstancesDo: [:cs | cs zapHistory]
Ah yes, that looks much more serious. Now, I know that you don't need to
get rid of older versions of methods in order to file out the changeset
nicely, but maybe it would be useful for some simpler access to
zapHistory to be available. If not for individual changesets, perhaps
en-masse as simple too to save quite a bit of space. For example in my
3.2#4743 + VMMaker image it saves 3.5Mb immediately.

tim
Useful random insult:- Ears are redirected to /dev/null.