pruning older versions of a method

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Thu Mar 14 01:21:14 UTC 2002

Alternatively, note that Henrik -- from the beginning -- provided us
with a preference governing whether new-style (modular)
class-definitions or old-style (category-based) class-definitions
should be used.

The preference is called "modularClassDefinitions".

If you have modularClassDefinitions set to false, the
class-definitions in fileouts you produce (and also the
class-definitions you see in the browser) will be of the old
pre-module format.

This provides an ideal way to get traditional Smalltalk class
definitions into  fileouts, so that they can be read by older Squeaks
and by non-Squeak Smalltalks.

   -- Scott