John's email [OT]

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Mar 14 04:05:36 UTC 2002

>Wow!  I am speechless.  In what possible world would blocking off all
>non-english emails be considered a *good* thing?
>
>Is this common in US ISPs?  I have never heard of it before!
>
>Russell

Ah see http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/03/05/0047249&mode=thread

Now be nice to my ISP, it's a family run business and because the
owner and I understand each other I get a shell account and no silly
charges on volume or quantity, just a reasonable flat fee. After he
received I'd guess a few gigabytes of 80k forwarded web pages from
China he got a little overzealous in his mail filters.

Once he realized what was happening he lifted them, I just politely asked.

If you follow the slashdot story I'm sure some of those corporate run
ISP will never unblock china.