Q: How to create a command button

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Mar 14 17:44:05 UTC 2002

On Thursday 14 March 2002 06:16 am, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> Another somewhat related question I have is: What is the easiest way
> to get the complete code that would programmatically recreate the
> button and its settings and actions, once you have created it by
> other means?

There are vestiges of support for this, but they don't do all of what you
want.

Look at Morph>>constructorString, which calls
Morph>>printConstructorOn:indent:nodeDict:, which is where the real work is
done (there and in fullPrintOn:) However, I don't think this is complete or
has been updated.

For instance, if you add layout or mouse up actions, etc. you won't see them
in the constructor string.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA