Q: How to create a command button

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Mar 14 17:56:59 UTC 2002

"Ken G. Brown" wrote:

> Another question about buttons, or morphs in general...
>
> If I drag a 'Press Me' button out of the Supplies flap into the World, how
> can I thereafter send it a message from a workspace, eg. to change color? Or
> create another button to do this to the first button? Once I could do it
> from the workspace of course from the previous messages, I can now tell a
> button to do it.

Yes, on the "Workspace" page on the swiki, it mentions how to do this:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1934

There's also a FAQ item about it:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2149

Basically, you can turn on "create textual references for dropped morphs" in a workspace, and then drop morphs onto it, and a variable will appear which refers to the morph.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com