[BUG] why is frame rate in 3.2.5 slower?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Mar 15 00:28:25 UTC 2002

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:

> So in
> ioRelinquishProcessorForMicroseconds(int microSeconds)
>
> I have code similar to this (I thought about sticking this in
> Interpret but decided we can wait a bit for some more feedback from
> VM folks).
>
>      interruptCheckCounter = 0;
>      now = (ioMSecs() & 536870911);
>      if (nextWakeupTick <= now)
>          if (nextWakeupTick == 0)
>              realTimeToWait = 16;
>          else
>              return;

interpret seems the better place for clearing interruptCheckCounter.

Extending the length of the delays is nice, though if we do it, let's
try and get rid of the primitive's now-useless argument.  Sadly, that
means adding a new primitive, but one can one do?

I don't see how any of this will be different on different platforms.
Go for it.  :)

-Lex