Agent Based Simulation in Squeak?

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Fri Mar 15 18:38:41 UTC 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Dwight Wilson wrote:

> Hannes wrote:
> >On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Dwight Wilson wrote:
> >

> >> Has anything been written in Squeak to support agent-based simulation?
> >> Something like Swarm (Objective-C)

> >Yes,
> >
> >A similar example like the heat bug example
> >http://www.swarm.org/examples-heatbugs.html

[snip]
> A simulation framework based on Swarm concepts.

[snip]
> >This topic has been mentioned before on this list. It would be valuable if
> >somebody (you?) could do some research and write up a summary

> >and write some notes on the swiki relating it to
> >http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2292
> >
> >- similarities / differences
> >- usability
> >- speed
>
> Thanks for the pointers.  Unfortunately I just got some stuff
> dumped on me and it will be at least two or three weeks before
> I can even think about doing the research. :-(
>
> -Dwight

Don't be intimidated by the pointers I have given. Just read
Swiki page
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2292 (StarSqueak)

This is probably the simulation framework based on swarm concept your are
looking for. Usable right out of the box. With a good application done
by Diego Gomez Deck and Gustavo Sznaider.

Regards
Hannes Hirzel