[StarSqueakPlugin][VM][Windows] Plugin not loaded!

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Sat Mar 16 16:17:51 UTC 2002

Dear Hannes,

Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> A self follow up:
>
> Sorry, I found out that the plugin is actually working in the Windows
> version. I interpreted my test of inserting
>   self halt
> after the primitive call just the wrong way.

> The simulation ran, so
> the primitives must have been called.

This is not necessarily true!
This is only true, if the methods calling the prims are themselves called!

I have added
	self halt
after the prim calls to check, if the methods (which I assumed to be called)
are called at all.

Before I had checked (after starting the simu) by
	Smalltalk listLoadedModules
, that the plugin hasn't been called (otherwise I would not be sure, that my
"self halt" check would work): this method really shows *every* module,
which has been called in the actual run of Squeak.

After this I've come to the conclusion: StarSqueakLife from Bob's SuperSwiki
runs without using the StarSqueakPlugin... (see other mails of mine) Other
simus use it though.

> Sorry a rather silly mistake.
>
> What perhaps misled me: The simulations are still rather _slow_.

Trust
	Smalltalk listLoadedModules
please! If one module isn't shown by this method, it is *not* loaded.

Greetings,

Stephan

--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)