[BUG]Morph>>updateableActionMap

Withers, Robert rwithers at quallaby.com
Mon Mar 18 20:25:31 UTC 2002

Ok, I suspect that I may have posted a later version, with 3.1 cleanups,
without an [ENH] tag.  I know that I privately emailed a version for 3.2,
with cleanups, to Andreas.  I can post those this evening, or you can
perhaps pull them from the 3.3a update server stream?  The link below is out
of date (no cleanups, uses #evaluate rather than #value, ...).

I am glad to hear you are using this mechanism, Ned.  I really like it as
the preferred publish-subscribe mechanism.  Note thtat I selected to keep
the WeakIdentityKeyDictionary, in EventManager, hopefully to remove those
dreadful stong references to objects that fail to detach from registrations.
I find that this still often happens when an object is an argument in a
registered MessageSend.  It almost brings us back to C++ style destructors.
And so it goes...  :)

Here is my old posting (3.1) from August amid a whole slew of changesets I
had posted then:   http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/1717.html

Full credit for this work should be given to John Sarkela, David Caster, and
Paul McDonough - the authors of the XP chapter in the NuBlu book.  All
errors are mine!

cheers,
Rob