[BUG]Morph>>updateableActionMap

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Mar 18 22:43:22 UTC 2002

On Monday 18 March 2002 12:25 pm, Withers, Robert wrote:
> Note thtat I selected to keep
> the WeakIdentityKeyDictionary, in EventManager, hopefully to remove those
> dreadful stong references to objects that fail to detach from
> registrations. I find that this still often happens when an object is an
> argument in a registered MessageSend.

So why not just make a MessageSend that uses weak refs for arguments instead?

I ran into the same problem with BlockClosures, and so went to MessageSends,
but had to use separate WeakArrays to hold onto the arguments. However,
making a weak MessageSend would be quite easy.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com