3.2.5 mac vm stability (vote please)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Mar 19 06:10:50 UTC 2002

>Someone out there informed me that they've had some stability
>problems with the 3.2.5 mac VM on system 8.x.

Ok, it's very possible that the mac classic vm from 3.2.1 onwards has
an issue with some computers where after sleep it refuses to
recognize the keyboard. I'm still confirming this issue but I think
it relates to the code I added to decouple the left/right shift keys.

If that is the case then that code will disappear because it's not
workable for most laptops, and not present in the os-x version
because of how it interfaces to the hardware and now it appears there
is a problem with it's interaction with the sleep logic.

Other feedback is still welcome, especially for the os-x version
which is *significantly* different from previous versions of the VM.