[Bug][PartialFix][Morphic][PasteUpMorph] Aligning to grid does not work!

hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Wed Mar 20 06:02:04 UTC 2002

Hi

Turning the grid on on the World PasteUpMorph seems not to generate any
effect.

- Try blue click on the desktop
--> The WorldMorph gets halos
- Choose menu / playfield options...
--> the playfiled options menu shows up
- Choose 'keep this menu up'
- choose 'set grid spacing'
- choose 'turn gridding on'

A partial fix which works for me at the moment is to change the method
   #handleDropMorph: anEvent

of class Morph with to the following change; my changes are marked with
"HJH"

handleDropMorph: anEvent
	"Handle a dropping morph."
	| aMorph localPt diff |
	aMorph _ anEvent contents.
	"Do a symmetric check if both morphs like each other"
	((self wantsDroppedMorph: aMorph event: anEvent)	"I want her"
		and: [aMorph wantsToBeDroppedInto: self])		"she wants me"
		ifFalse: [aMorph removeProperty: #undoGrabCommand.
				^ self].
	anEvent wasHandled: true.
	"Transform the morph into the receiver's coordinate frame. This is
currently incomplete since it only takes the offset into account where
it really should take the entire transform."
	localPt _ (self transformedFrom: anEvent hand world) "full transform
down"
				globalPointToLocal: aMorph referencePosition.

	diff _ aMorph topLeft \\ 20.  "HJH"
     localPt _ localPt - diff.    "HJH"

	aMorph referencePosition: localPt.
	self acceptDroppingMorph: aMorph event: anEvent.
	aMorph justDroppedInto: self event: anEvent.

Hannes Hirzel