[BUG?] PluggableTextMorph

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Mar 20 16:00:48 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 12:47 pm, Joseph Holland King wrote:

> > If you posted the SqueakDebug.log file and/or the full stack it would
> > help.
>
> the debugged log is attached. not real sure how to get a full stack since
> when i try to it does absolutely nothing.

So in displayOn:using:at:, positionWhenComposed is nil.

Looking at where this gets set, we see moveBy: , but this couldn't be it,
because it gets set to the result of #+, which isn't likely to result in a
nil.

The other place that this is set is in NewParagraph>>positionWhenComposed:.

So I'd put a conditional halt in that method to find out who is setting it to
nil:

NewParagraph>>positionWhenComposed: pos
pos ifNil: [ self halt ].
positionWhenComposed _ pos.