Working with lots of large Forms

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Mar 20 17:18:24 UTC 2002

> Yisrael Lowenstein wrote:
[SNIP]
> > my main problems are:
> > - kludginess:  does squeak have something that automatically handles
> > bringing big things in and out of memory?  someone mentioned using an
> > OrderedCollection of ImageSegments of Forms...would this work?  where can
> > I find info about how to use ImageSegments?

I have posted a few times on how to use them, search the mailingslist
archives.
You can also see them in action RIGHT NOW on a PII-233 here:
http://anakin.bluefish.se:8080/squeakdot

Create an account, login to it, go to "My SqueakDot", test "account
analysis" which will tell you a bit about performance. Also click on the
"See source code" of that page to see what is happening.

In short - ImageSegments take a bit to write (but they are fast) and are
lightning fast to load.

:-)

regards, Göran