Repeat: DSA, how to use it?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 21 03:11:10 UTC 2002

Mayuresh Kathe <mayuresh at vsnl.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could someone please tell me, how to use the DSA class to sign/encrypt
> something?

If I remember correctly, you wanted to know how to use DSA in an email
client.  That's not available right now.  Actually, DSA probably
wouldn't even be the best way to go; it would be better (wouldn't it?)
to hook into PGP, the de facto standard in Internet email encryption and
signing.  There is a library called gpgme ("GPG made easy") which do gpg
encryptions and manage a gpg key files etc. for you, and it shouldn't be
too hard to link it into a plugin.

On the other hand, if I misunderstood and you are interested in using
DSA directly for something, then please post again with more info.

-Lex

PS -- kudos to whoever wrote the DSA and SecureHashAlgorithm classes;
they have excellent comments and great example code!