[GOODIE] kgf-X10Driver - Control Wireless Remotes from Squeak

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Mar 21 04:01:40 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 20 March 2002 07:45 pm, Kevin Fisher wrote:
> Mea Culpa... did I send this too soon?
>
> For some reason, my driver cannot open the serial port on Unix with the
> Sourceforge VM I compiled a couple weeks ago.  And unfortunately I
> can't try it with the latest Sourceforge code...the VM builds, but when
> I run it it drives the CPU up to 100% and gives me a big black window. :(
>
> It works fine with my much older 3.1 VM, however (even running in a 3.2
> image with the old 3.1 VM).
>
> I know it works on the latest 3.2 Windows VM..ack!

I have a recently compiled SF VM. However, I eventually had to fall back to
GCC 2.95.3 for compilation (I don't know whether I had serial problems or
not, but the 3D stuff had problems). This code dials my modem (/dev/ttyS4):

p _ SerialPort new
	baudRate: 9600;	"these are all defaults and don't need to be called"
	dataBits: 8;
	inputFlowControlType: 0;
	outputFlowControlType: 0;
	parityType: 0;
	stopBitsType: 1.

p openPort: 4.

p nextPutAll: 'ATDT611#', String cr.	"dial"
p nextPutAll: String cr.

"p close"

--
Ned Konz