WARNING Re: [GOODIE] Connectors pre-release version (for 3.2)

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu Mar 21 16:43:33 UTC 2002

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:53:08 -0800 Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
>On Wednesday 20 March 2002 08:40 pm, I wrote:
>
>> It will attempt to convert existing connectors if you have any in your
>> image. It should also convert old connectors in projects when you load
>> them. Please tell me if it doesn't.
>
>I just tried doing the following:
>* load the NC-ConnectorsDemo-056.pr project from BSS
>* load this change set
>
>After the change set was loaded, the image runs out of space, leaving an
>unhelpful low space log.
>
>Anyone know how to diagnose this kind of problem? I suspect that some removed
>method is causing recursion, but it's hard to find.

Ned,

On the Mac I eventually see a scrolling text window from the VM indicating an endless recursion in Morph>>world. Looking at this method, it would certainly have a problem if a morph had owner == self (or a longer loop perhaps). You could add a test to catch this and see why it's happening. Also, I encountered #trigger:with: being sent but not implemented in the BSS stuff.

Cheers,
Bob