[GOODIE] kgf-X10Driver - Control Wireless Remotes from Squeak

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 22 00:03:04 UTC 2002

Kevin Fisher <kgf at golden.net> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Hi Tim:
[snip]
> When I debug it, the missing key is 'SerialPlugin' itself.  The offending
> line appears to be in VMMaker>>generateExportsFile:
[snip]
>I'm using VMMaker-3-2-version5.6.cs, for what it's worth! Aargh! Yup, I
screwed up. the .6 version was a quick hack at making a way to build a list of
all the files used in the generated configuration and in the process of moving
all sorts of things around I messed up a crucial detail relating to the
internal plugins.

Quick fix - use the .5 version. 'Proper' fix coming soon.  Very sorry about
that. The good news is that the next version can look at timestamps and avoid
generating a plugin for which there is already a file at least as recent as the
plugin class. This means repeatedly hitting 'Generate All' will go very fast
after the first time :-)

Now as for the strictly-serial problem, there is a quite reasonable chance that
the code on SF got damaged by me when I processed it for uploading. The bad
news is that since I don't know about linux serial ports you're on your own w.r.
t working out the differences. Maybe Ned (I think Ned did the unix serial
plugin?) can spot the blooper?
tim

Abstraction is achieved by data hiding and enforced by encapsulation.