[PDA] Connecting Squeak at high speed?!

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Mar 22 20:11:42 UTC 2002

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Andreas Raab wrote:

> >   802.11b wireless card gives you 4-6M bits/sec connection.
>
> This would be about perfect. But is there any such hardware available
> for the iPAQ?! And how does one use it - is it just like any other
> network?

Indeed.  For the iPAQ, you will require an expansion sleeve to allow an
802.11b card.  You can get either a CompactFlash Expansion sleeve and a CF
802.11b card, or a PCMCIA expansion sleeve and a PCMCIA 802.11b card.
Incoming computer-related freshmen at my school are forced to buy them.
:-/

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies." :: r. w. emerson